After that I spent another hour on the phone with a dear sweet girl that I disciple. She told me of all the things God had been teaching her, and how she is recognizing Satan's attacks against these things. Another hour spent in worship! :) How wonderful!
As I stood silently in my kitchen, carefully wiping the salt off of each individual Cashew, God began to whisper sweet blessings into my ear. You know, this may sound silly, but one day you are going to wish you had time to sit around and unsalt Cashews. This is one of the many blessings I have given to you to enjoy during this season of your life.
How true! Satan attacks single people all the time, but when we really stop and think about what we have, it's actually quite wonderful! All week God has been refilling my contentment jar with gracious thoughts and a thankful heart. Why in the world do we complain about not having enough to do, enough people to talk to, or enough money in our wallet? God is the ultimate provider. He gives us everything we could ever need--and more!
Here is a list of some ideas to get you started:
- Movie Nights! I have a close friend who absolutely LOVES movie nights/days. When given the chance, she curls up in a huge blanket and spends hours watching all sorts of movies that she alone enjoys. She often talks of the relaxation and refreshment she gets from this activity. This may not be rocket science, but when you graduate and get married, these opportunities will become less and less.
- Long Walks with God- Another girl friend of mine spends hours in fellowship with God. She often walks down to a lovely pond with her Bible and a journal, and just talks to him. Enjoy the sunset, pray for your neighborhood, or get to know the heart of God, all of these things are precious moments that single people have extra time for.
- Learn to cook and clean! It's biblical, I promise!
- Find awesome new hairstyles on Pinterest- This will definitely come in handy when God's perfect timing is revealed.
- Hang out with people who aren't your age! Look around your church and see who needs a baby sitter, or some extra company. Both little kids and older people have TONS of wisdom that you can pick up on. I always have a blast doing this!
Whatever you decide to do, do it with all your heart (Coll 3:23) and do it to the glory of God. Ephesians 5 tells us to live wisely because the days slip away faster than monkey on a banana peel (my paraphrase,) so make the most of every season! God has a purpose in each circumstance (Ecclesiastes.)